“…don’t lock the-”
Sometimes I really want to face palm myself.
I should have known that once I pushed those zippers down the lock there was no way I was going to open it back up without those slippery three digits combination code. Because I should have known that my mom – who lent me this gigantic Samsonite luggage – would never remember the original combination she had set. Because she can’t even remember her own apple ID password.
But no worries guys! The internet has never failed me.
After scouring google for approximately 2 minutes, and 10 more trying out the method, I finally cracked the lock!
And I really, really want to share it to you guys (LIFE HACK #1), even though this topic has nothing to do with the original purpose of my blog, because…well isn’t it such a thrill when you successfully did something using an unorthodox method?!
Here it is, if you have a Samsonite lock that looks like this, or any TSA lock that has the same design, I’m sure it will work:
What you’ll need:
- A flashlight
- A magnifying glass (optional, but if you don’t have good eyesight it is advisable)
- Start with the first digit. Aim the flashlight into the slight gap on the right of the wheel and you should see a glint of smooth metal. Rotate until the smooth metal changes to a bumpy one and leave it there. You should write down the number.
- Continue with the other 2 digits until all the wheels have the bumpy/notch metal side facing up.
- Push the lock and Viola! It should open right up.
- OR if it doesn’t, do this: look at all the digits and plus or minus 5 off of each one. +5 if the digit is below 5, and -5 if the digit is above 5.
Example: if 381 does not open,
3 + 5 = 8
8 – 5 = 3
1 + 5 = 6
Therefore, the combination is 836.
If the lock still won’t open, I’ve got nothing. Take it to the locksmith.
Despite the rush I got out of being able to solve one less mystery in life, and feeling cool about it though, I still can’t help but wonder..
If I can crack a locked suitcase as easily in 12 minutes, then what about others?!
How is this supposed to make you feel safe from theft?!
That’s it from me today.
Thanks for reading, and until next time xx